Board index    

Dungeons by Kalypso - Video Game Simulation

Official forum of Bunch of Players and all gamer chat for this forum.

Dungeons by Kalypso - Video Game Simulation

Postby Sitt » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:09 am

Sorry but to be honest I own Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2 and this is just a carbon copy of the same old crap. I am sure glad I didn't pay the $35 retail price just to find this out. A friend of Josh's picked it up from Wal-Mart and let us try it, but the game play runs almost identical to both the games by Bullfrog. I will most likely find this DVD for $3 at the used software shop in the near future. Oh and I notice the rating says "M for mature" but the official site is rated +12 so don't go expecting a lot. It is just another garden variety simulation.

Also a word of warning. Our friend couldn't get it to run on his machine, it keeps crashing. He was hoping we could find a fix for this. We played through the 2nd or 3rd level but also had an issue with crashes. If you plan to lay out $30 or more for this game you should wait for them to repair it first.
Sitt
Super N00B

Re: Dungeons by Kalypso - Video Game Simulation

Postby Sitt » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:10 am

Sitt wrote:Sorry but to be honest I own Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2 and this is just a carbon copy of the same old crap. I am sure glad I didn't pay the $35 retail price just to find this out. A friend of Josh's picked it up from Wal-Mart and let us try it, but the game play runs almost identical to both the games by Bullfrog. I will most likely find this DVD for $3 at the used software shop in the near future. Oh and I notice the rating says "M for mature" but the official site is rated +12 so don't go expecting a lot. It is just another garden variety simulation.

Also a word of warning. Our friend couldn't get it to run on his machine, it keeps crashing. He was hoping we could find a fix for this. We played through the 2nd or 3rd level but also had an issue with crashes. If you plan to lay out $30 or more for this game you should wait for them to repair it first.

----------------------------------------------------------------

R4 for 3DS
SuperCard 3DS
Nintendo 3DS TT
Sitt
Super N00B

Postby Andrea » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:58 pm

Oh, I've seen that on Steam, but haven't played it.
¿Dónde están los fans de JQ?
Bri's choice winner of July 2010 Clique Fan Art Contest
Andrea
Goddess of JQ

Postby Chukkz » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:47 am

Hey Sitt, welcome to the forum. You are very welcome to post into topics and make new ones but please do not post more links to that R4 site anymore as we do not permit random advertisment. I edited all live links out for now, next time the post will get deleted.

For the subject, yeah its a Dungeon Keeper clone of some sorts, they also have an Assassins Creed knockoff... maybe Kalypso wants to get a copycat award if there is something like that... but then what is original these days.
Chukkz
True Quest Fan

Postby Zero86-Sk » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:58 am

LOL Kalypso

I liked Dungeon Keeper, but it was too complex (i couldnt wrap my head arround the more complex missions)

Thanks for the warning XD Not that I planned on buying it but yeah.
Click here to enter the Bunch of Players Blog to read gaming news, reviews and more
Zero86-Sk
Questie

Return to Bunch of Players - Gamer Chat