Board index    

I have decided..

General off-topic chat

I have decided..

Postby Andrea » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:01 pm

I am a horrible judge of character. Or maybe it is that I try to give people the benefit of the doubt too long. I don't know... I don't really want to be one of those sad, sad people that expects everyone to be horrible.... But when they turn out horrible or heartless I feel like I knew it all along, you know? Well, maybe not in the beginning.. But would it be so bad if when I first get frustrated with that person being mean or something if I walk away then? I dunno.... I don't know.

Not a depressing post, just a curious one.
¿Dónde están los fans de JQ?
Bri's choice winner of July 2010 Clique Fan Art Contest
Andrea
Goddess of JQ

Re: I have decided..

Postby Geoflame » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:26 am

I know what you mean, I was once at that point. For me I balance it, though over the years I’ve been able to get a sense of the person fast just after first meeting them. As of now, I’ve stopped hanging out with many people that I realize will be trouble or just might hurt me in the end. I still have my 3 best friends, and other newer friends that I trust even though I’ve only just met them. I get a good sense of someone and that's when I give them the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes it ends up in your face but you just gotta take it sometimes, get stronger from the experience. Most people hardly phase me when all of a sudden there assholes or anything like that.
I've had my surprises though, I don't think that will really go away though.

I personally think its important to balance it at least, I don't think you should be to trusting. From my experience, no person is above not surprising you in some way. Those closest to you will surprise you the most. Its happened to me and I try not to take away that I just cant trust anyone. There were hard times in my life that I really felt that way, but now I’ve cleansed myself and who I am. I'm happy and always ready for the next step in my life.
Geoflame
Movie Whore

Return to The Hang Out