Board index    

I Dosing

Ask if you have any computer questions, chat about electronics, etc.

I Dosing

Postby Strange » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:44 pm

Interesting concept...

Basically, specially designed music to kick your brain into acting as though you are on certain drugs. I tried a few and I thought that they were pretty relaxing...Not quite the effect they are supposed to have, but a good one, nonetheless.
"If the world seems cold to you, kindle fires to warm it."

Winner of July 2010 Clique Fan Art Contest
Strange
Conqueror of Quest World

Re: I Dosing

Postby Andrea » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:39 pm

I swear I didn't mean to laugh. :P

I really wish it was possible, imagine how many lives would be saved.

People have always used sound and music to fall asleep or wake up, but I think getting honestly high isn't ever going to happen.

On the other hand, good music can stimulate you in ways drugs won't, so it does give you a high... That high just isn't going to be the same as taking drugs.

Maybe they listen too loud and get a headache and take tylenol and get medicine head and think they are high. :lol:
¿Dónde están los fans de JQ?
Bri's choice winner of July 2010 Clique Fan Art Contest
Andrea
Goddess of JQ

Postby Geoflame » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:09 pm

Or NyQuil that stuff is damn fun times..I swear, with vodka I only have done that twice but it was sooooo awesome. But anyway yeah, if sound could get me high the way I like then id be all over it..but you know nothing beats a blueberry vaporizer hit..nothing is as refreshing and exhilarating, ill feel like I can expert ..and justice for all on Rock Band.
Geoflame
Movie Whore

Postby Chukkz » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:51 am

I think I have heard of this before on a hypnosis related subject, too bad it doesn't work as advertised for everyone. The theory sounds quite good, induce certain things to happen inside your brain without the sideeffects of the chemical being in your body... but I actually think it works as good (or as bad) as hypnosis, so its highly dependant on the person listening.

And yeah well, I believe that any sort of music can do similar things, I used to listen to this when I was a kid

Might sound totally boring for anyone not into it but I liked the effect it had with the acid melody sloooowly going up and up and up and... Yessss. :D
Chukkz
True Quest Fan

Postby Strange » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:32 pm

I'll have to listen to this when I get home. :)
"If the world seems cold to you, kindle fires to warm it."

Winner of July 2010 Clique Fan Art Contest
Strange
Conqueror of Quest World

Return to Computers, Electronics and other Geek stuff