Board index    

Alan Parsons Project & Edgar Allan Poe

All things Music.

Alan Parsons Project & Edgar Allan Poe

Postby Chukkz » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:40 pm

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4z0nm_the-alan-parsons-project-the-raven_music

Since Drea started it in a conversation this song got stuck in my head... excuse the lack of youtubeness in this post but the racists do not let me access any proper video of this song there due to copyright shitness.

Back on the subject. :D

Alan Parsons started out as a producer at EMI's Abbey Road studios for most notably Pink Floyd in the seventies where he produced their album "Dark Side of the Moon" (which would deserve its own thread maybe). 1976 he founded together with Eric Woolfson his outfit "The Alan Parsons Project" and recorded their first and maybe most epic album: "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" which was based on the work of the legendary writer and poet Edgar Allan Poe. The album features regular songs that are inspired by Poe but also read out passages that were added in the CD release spoken by the late Orson Welles. "The Raven" is maybe the most popular and known track on this record but the whole album is actually very interesting though maybe nothing you can just listen to while doing dishes (though thats possible too :D)

Another fave of mine is the single "(The system of) Dr. Tarr & Prof. Feather" which I intend to show off... if youtube lets me.

Chukkz
True Quest Fan

Re: Alan Parsons Project & Edgar Allan Poe

Postby Andrea » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:30 pm

Oooh lol

This is what you meant...
I say that as if I have heard it before.
¿Dónde están los fans de JQ?
Bri's choice winner of July 2010 Clique Fan Art Contest
Andrea
Goddess of JQ

Return to Music Chat